Donnerstag, 6. April 2017

2 years checkup


Today I did my 2 years checkup although it’s soon 2 years and 1 month since I did my TransPRK eye laser surgery. In Switzerland where I live you usually don’t do a checkup after 2 years (normally last one is at 1y) but its recommended to do a yearly checkup of eye health, especially for people who did eye laser surgery. I choose to do it as I wanted to check my general eye health, do a vision test and talk to the surgeon about why I still have dry eye symptoms (although very mild now). I will break this post down accordingly below.

General Eye Health
My general eye health was fine. I had normal eye pressure and my cornea looked healthy. Nothing special to comment here.

Vision Acuity Test
My vision was unchanged since the 1 year checkup, which was exactly what I hoped for. I could see the 1.0 line very clearly with one eye open at the time and with both eyes open I got all digits right on the 1.25 line.

I am very happy my vision stayed on this level after 2 years. This is really more than I could ever have hoped for since I only achieved about 1.0 binocular with contact lenses and glasses before the surgery.

Quick translation for those of you that are used to a different scale:

Decimal (used in Europe)    Foot (used in US)            Popular talk

1.0                                                     20/20                                          100%
1.25                                                    20/16                                         125%
             
Dry Eye Symptom

I got confirmed that my eyes are a bit dry. I was however told that it’s not because my tear glands produce too little tears, instead it’s my eye lids that produce too much tallow. I was recommended a treatment of cleaning the eye lids in the evening and putting in a night cream. I will make a new post in a month commenting on how this worked out.




3 Kommentare:

  1. Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi! Thank you for your blog! It's helpful since I'm in a similar situation like you now. Could you please give an update of your dry eyes now (1 year after your last post)? Thank you very much!!!

    AntwortenLöschen